Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mom



The majority of us would agree, "My Mom is the Greatest in the World". No matter who you ask, you will probably get this same reply. I am not sure if there is a scientific formula for calculating which mom is actually "the Greatest". I also highly doubt that anyone would really want to get those results as there would most likely only be one winner. Come to think of it, maybe there is/was a formula for this and the answer is....May 10, 2009.



This Sunday my mom is, "The Greatest in the World", and so is yours. There will be no competition. Every mom will win. My mom will win. My wife will win. It will be a day where we will celebrate the mom's in our lives and all that they have done. I could go on and on about the things that make my mom and my wife great mothers. You have probably even heard them before. My love, respect and complete awe of these women is unending. The things that I would write on their winning trophies would go on forever. They are amazing women and done incredible things in their lives.



The list is so long that I am not going to give it to you. Instead I am going to ask you to do something instead. I am going give you a list of 10 questions that I recently found on the Internet. These questions are not for you to answer. They are for you to ask your mom. Some of them might be a little bit forward but the honesty that you need to insist on will come in handy some day.



Our moms are filled with a vast amount of knowledge and compassion. These questions just might be a key to something new and unfounded in your relationship with your mom.



Please enjoy the questions, don't take them too seriously and write down the answers. They just might come in handy someday.



1. What's the one thing you would have done differently as a mom?






2. Why did you choose to be with my father?






3. In what ways do you think I'm like you?






4. Which one of us kids did you like the best? (this one is a little bit of a trick and might not really want the real answer, haha)






5. Is there anything you have always wanted to tell me but never have?






6. Do you think it's easier or harder to be a mother now than when you were raising our family?






7. Is there anything you regret not having asked your parents?






8. What's the best thing I can do for you right now?






9. Is there anything that you wish had been different between us -- or that you would still like to change?






10. When did you realize you were no longer a child?









Remember, you need to get honest answers from your mom. You will thank her later.

Love you Mom.



Happy Mothers Day.



No comments:

Post a Comment